Notices and Updates:
SATURNA ISLAND FIRE PROTECTION SOCIETY(“SIFPS”)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Date: Saturday – November 3, 2018
Time: 9:15 a.m.
Location: Emergency Services Building 01
Introduce: New Recording Secetrary, Sandy Nelson
Welcome to Guests – J.H.
1. Call to order – JH
2. Today’s meeting minutes prepared by Sandy Nelson
3. Approval of Agenda as circulated – J.H.
4. Approval of July 25th, 2018 Board Meeting Minutes as circulated â J.H.
5. Business arising from September 15th, 2018 Board Meeting minutes
– Draft policy regarding purchase of red jackets â Deb S.
– New âNo Public Parkingâ signs installation- still to be done âBrent S.
– Report regarding operational agreement with CRD for services within Saturnaâs Regional Parks â John H./Eva H.
– Report regarding renewal of SIFPS/SIVFD agreement â John H.
– Report regarding renewal of Parks Canada Wildfire & SIR agreements (2) â JH
– Have we been able to talk with Tsawout First Nation regarding fire protection on IR7? â Brent S.
– Report on Command 1 loose steering and new 2nd battery â now fixed â Wayne Q.
6. Correspondence. â E.H./J.H.
7. Fire Chiefâs Report â Brent S.
8. SIR Chiefâs Report â K.V.
– Report regarding water taxi ambulance issue
9. Financial Report â E.H.
– Actual to budget up to Aug. 31, 2018
– Discuss new Crest radios and Financial implications
– CRD 5-year budget discussion needed
– Financial Policy lift from table
– New Restricted Capital Fund and amount â lift from table- Eva H.
10. Asset Management & Operations Committee Report. â W.Q.
– New motor for roll-up ambulance door
– Repair to broken septic line and alarm/pump out DONE
– ICBC vehicle insurance
11. Corporate/Administration Committee Report â Deb S.
– Discuss new policy for volunteers being Board members
– Discuss policy for âin cameraâ meetings – lift from table
12. Communications Committee Report â H.J.
– Has fire permits information on the website been corrected? â Harvey J.
– Scribbler article to be submitted regarding homeownersâ water storage tanks having fire hose connections â Bill S.
13. Human Resources Committee Report â Priscilla Z.
– Letter sent to volunteer as a reminder regarding HSA criteria
– Report regarding awards
14. New Business â J.H.
15. President’s Report J.H.
16. In Camera Session
– Approve September 15th, 2018 In Camera meeting minutes
17. Return to regular Directors meeting
18. Discuss next meeting dates – January 5th or 12th, 2019
Check the links below from the Public Health Library
An e-mail providing the agenda for upcoming Board Meetings will be sent to all members of SIFPS 10 days in advance of the meeting date using e-mail addresses on file. If you have not received these e-mails, and wish to receive future e-mail notices from SIFPS, you can be placed on the list using the link below:
Similarly, if you are on the list and do not wish to receive future notices, use this link:
Photo – News Updates
7346222380Â Spring 2014 Photos
In this web site you will also find information about
- the governance and funding, including financial statements, of the Society
- membership information andÂ application form to join the Society
- volunteering with the Fire Department and Saturna Island Rescue
- links to fire prevention and emergency preparedness
Photos on this site by Judy and Rick Tipple, Patricia Sims, Al Razutis, John Wiznuk, and Ingrid Gaines.Â
If there is any information that you would like to see provided on this site please contact us atÂ 5199611687